I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

This Is Not A Soapbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Is Not A Soapbox

Post  Serethiel on Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 pm

This is not a complaint, or a soapbox, and it can be moved or deleted if it's seen as irrelevant or confrontational in any way. I'm not here to argue, just to say a little something to the players.

I love this forum. And I love everyone on this forum. I've never had such fun creating and playing characters before. With that said, whatever madness has gripped us lately is actually and truly painful for me to watch. I'm not even sure I understand what's going on anymore, if I were to tell the truth.

I might be naive for even thinking this, but I just want things to go back to how they were. I don't mean plot or RP or story-wise, I mean community-wise. I remember that we came here in the first place because our DMs were being unfair, and so we made this place more a much more friendly environment. I don't want to see that happen again. Nygozy has been bending over backwards for all of us this whole time, making this forum the perfect place for RPing, and yet, all of "this," whatever "this" is, is still happening?

I'm not "calling anyone out" because I honestly don't think there's anything to call anyone out on. From what I've seen, all of "this" has kind of just erupted to the point where a beginning to it all can't be found, and I don't blame anyone (even myself!) for getting swept up in it. But I think if we all stood back and took a breather, we'd be able to create the atmosphere we used to have.

Well, that's all. If I sounded whiny or preachy or sentimental, I'm sorry. I just felt as if it needed to be said - at the very least, I needed to get it off my chest. Thank you, if you've read this far.

Mother and Master to :

Ianto
Caterina
Iauron
Macha
and Serethiel
Serethiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Is Not A Soapbox

Post  Elenri on Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Serethial that was very wise. Ok in regards to that a few words of my own. Ok I know I am not the easiest guy to get along with I have temper flare up's and I cause problems over nothing. I don't mean to do these things but it's always been in my nature especially to defend myself I just get carried away. I feel like most of this aggression and problems started with me arriving and I am sorry for anyone who felt I have gotten angry at them or tried to fight with them. I will try to do better and to those who i was short with I'm sorry.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus on Thu May 19, 2011 9:02 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. This, too, is not a soapbox post. The point of roleplay forums are to have fun, relaxing and writing as characters, interacting with other people's characters and making friends OOC. Drama just disrupts that fun, though there may be disagreements among members.

I haven't really had a chance to get into this forum much, myself. I don't know anything about what's going on in the plot, and it moves very, very fast. Though I still feel like I'm a part of this forum, unlike on Warden's Vigil where, when I made my character, I felt as though I was pushed away. This is a very welcoming forum where there are lots of possibilities. I just hope that all of this drama is over with and that we go back to the fun of roleplaying and chatting with each other.

And Shade, perhaps it's something you should try and work on. It's not helping you to get so defensive about things, it's just making people get upset at you and they end up disliking you, making them not want to RP with you or chat with you. I don't see how it can be fun, for the others or you. If they seem to be "attacking" you, I'd suggest asking for clarification before inferring anything.

*raises wine glass*

To less drama, more fun~!

Character Information
Name: Canus of Tevinter
Class: Rogue/Mage (Arcane Warrior, Duelist, Blood Mage)
Profile Thread[/size]

Font Colour = Canus speaking Common, Canus speaking Arcanum, Canus speaking Qunari
Canus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 pm

......Where did you get the wine?
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't get why everyone is getting so emotional all the sudden. Shit, I work 15 hours a day, I do push ups in the bathroom at work to work off the frustration so I don't attempt to knock out some of my customers (I only end up cussing at them a little, I'm such a great salesman)...yet still somehow I'm not caught up in this emotional waterfall/clusterfuck that I seem to have brought about around here. And what did I do to cause this? Start a discussion, apparently any criticism what so ever is too much for someone to handle. Thats a personal problem that someone has with their ego, no need to dwell on it.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Ok Vanya. Stop spraying your testosterone all over the place and flexing like a cock in heat. Move on.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Okay, okay....geez.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior on Fri May 20, 2011 12:01 am

This may not be the best place to put these things, but it is a place that will have to do.

I have but two things to say -

One -
UncleVanya wrote:FW fired at you guys, you kinda fired back, its a whole thing now. Maybe I'm misreading the situation, always a possibility.
I did not "fire at" anyone. If it seems like I did, I apologize. That was not my intent. When I questioned Nygozy's attitude towards us, I did not mean it to be hostile in tone. Rather, I was pointing out the fact that she had to have Shade's thread preemptively locked to prevent it from turning into a battlefield says a lot about us as a community - that she can't even expect us to have a civil discussion and constructive criticism of another player's character without it devolving into a fight.

I was being subtle. Perhaps subtlety is not my strong point.

Two -
Calliara wrote:Maybe I'm too tired to get the sarcasm/irony, but, you don't want me here anymore? D: *cries*
Not at all, my dear. I was merely implying that you probably have more pressing issues to attend to than our bitching. We can wait; your health cannot.

Don't mistake that for caring. I don't care. It's just a matter of practicality; you can't be an effective admin if your health issues affect your clarity of thought.

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Fri May 20, 2011 2:26 am

Thank you =) That's one of the nicest things I've been told lately, truly.

I am sorry for all of this drama, my intention wasn't to be like I was attacking someone, I just was giving my opinion. There are lots of things going on in my life (and in my country, we're having a... revolt? Not sure of the word), today I have an important final, I've been working 14 hours a day since last saturday in a place destroyed by an earthquake, a building collapsed ON me (and I'm still shaking), I think I'm catching a cold, I'm bruised and I just want to sleep for three days or so.

Here I go, ranting again -sigh-...

Anyway, I'm with Livi here. This started from I'm not sure where, let's hope we can get along from here. I love this forum and the people in it (yes Vanya, even you! =P ) and I want it to keep existing. Just... let's make a bit of effort on it. Everyone
Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior on Fri May 20, 2011 2:36 am

Calliara wrote:Thank you =) That's one of the nicest things I've been told lately, truly.
fffff now I'm going to have to go kick a puppy or something. This is all your fault, Calliara! ;A;

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum