I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

A few thoughts..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few thoughts..

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 10:18 am

I'm still not back yet, just stopping by to make a comment on a troubling development I noticed.

This is about Shade's character being locked up. Don't get me wrong, I agree that he should have been locked up, and if it was Nygozy's decision based on the fact that the character interferes with the story its all good and well. However if the decision was based on DM's comment that its a "DM level character", that creates a rather dangerous precedent for the future. Even before now I expressed doubt in DemonDMs abilities, but if he gets to decide how strong our characters can be, that limits us at the source, he doesn't even need to start god modding anymore. This isn't a book, this is an RP, we're all here to write our own story, not to be a DM's sidekicks.

Now I know this thread is probably going to be locked by our "glorious leader" who "doesn't believe in censorship", before Nygozy even sees it, or any discussion gets launched (cause how dare we question him?!!!), but you know, trying never hurts.

UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A few thoughts..

Post  Final Warrior on Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 am

There shouldn't be a reason for locking any character thread. If it's good, it stays open. If it's bad, it needs to stay open so it can be fixed. Locking the thread only locks out public discussion on it.

I've more to say, but I also have a class to get to.

Mmkay.

One of the reasons why locking a character thread is bad is that doing so prevents it from being edited (by non-mods/admins, AFAIK) - so if the character's player has changes or improvements to be made, they can't make their changes or improvements. (This is, of course, in addition to locking other people out of providing constructive criticism.)

Hell, even dead/deprecated character threads shouldn't be locked. Or deleted, for that matter; they should be archived for the sake of organization and clean-up, but that should be it, at most.

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara on Thu May 19, 2011 1:08 pm

I believe the problem is that the character falls into the realm of those requiring special permision, and the character was not discussed with Nygozy before being posted.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Thu May 19, 2011 1:26 pm

I'd blocked the whole person himself, but hey, it's just me. And don't worry, had he locked the thread, it can be unlocked. Sometimes we forget that Nyggy has the final word.

I don't like DM controlling other people's characters to not be DM level so they can be DM level themselves. That's not right. And I'm a DM myself.

Cranky Calli is cranky, I am sorry. Just too tired, too sad and too bruised.
Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 1:44 pm

I do not remember whether I locked the thread or requested that DemonDM did it but it was my choice to do so.

Normally I would not lock anything; however, when it comes to Shade's characters I find that if I do not do this then circumstances often get out of hand. I decided that it should be locked because I needed time to consider the character (and time for new meds to stop fuzzing up my head) and work it out with Shade without a battle happening in the thread.

Swift and Shade brought up some points which I will be dealing with. If anyone wishes to add to the decision making you are more than welcome to talk to me though PM, email at cougarmadcat@yahoo.com or on MSN.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 pm

/

Last edited by Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior on Thu May 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Calliara wrote:I'd blocked the whole person himself, but hey, it's just me.
I doubt it's just you, but as far as I'm concerned, being a Mary Sue is grounds for a mocking, not a blocking.

Calliara wrote:I don't like DM controlling other people's characters to not be DM level so they can be DM level themselves. That's not right. And I'm a DM myself.
I don't like the concept of DM characters as they are currently implemented on this forum as a whole.

There are PCs, and there are NPCs.
If you are a PC, you follow PC rules. Simple. Easy.
If you are an NPC, you are, at best, a character that we interact with and care about while you enable the plot; at worst, you are a plot device. You don't need any of the trappings of a PC because, ultimately, you should not ever be doing anything that requires any of those things - you are not a PC, stop trying to do PC things.

Calliara wrote:Cranky Calli is cranky, I am sorry. Just too tired, too sad and too bruised.
Sounds like you have other issues to attend to, then.

Nygozy wrote:I decided that it should be locked because I needed time to consider the character (and time for new meds to stop fuzzing up my head) and work it out with Shade without a battle happening in the thread.
We really should be more sensible than this. That you had to even consider such a thing speaks volumes about your attitude towards us, and about the things that we have done to deserve such an attitude.

There's some food for thought for everyone.

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Thu May 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Final Warrior wrote:

There are PCs, and there are NPCs.
If you are a PC, you follow PC rules. Simple. Easy.
If you are an NPC, you are, at best, a character that we interact with and care about while you enable the plot; at worst, you are a plot device. You don't need any of the trappings of a PC because, ultimately, you should not ever be doing anything that requires any of those things - you are not a PC, stop trying to do PC things.

I agree with you. I don't like NPC that are almighty and unstoppable

Final Warrior wrote:Sounds like you have other issues to attend to, then.

Maybe I'm too tired to get the sarcasm/irony, but, you don't want me here anymore? D: *cries*

Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Calliara wrote:I'd blocked the whole person himself, but hey, it's just me.
Final Warrior wrote:I doubt it's just you, but as far as I'm concerned, being a Mary Sue is grounds for a mocking, not a blocking.

The character sheet was blocked so it could be worked out with the player. I should have indicated in a post what I was doing.

Nygozy wrote:I decided that it should be locked because I needed time to consider the character (and time for new meds to stop fuzzing up my head) and work it out with Shade without a battle happening in the thread.
Final Warrior wrote:We really should be more sensible than this. That you had to even consider such a thing speaks volumes about your attitude towards us, and about the things that we have done to deserve such an attitude.

There's some food for thought for everyone.

"Your attitude towards us."

That sounds almost like a question. Very well.

My attitude towards the people of this forum is that there has been a rift forming and cliques coming about. There is intolerance and impatience. This is growing and making playing for many people uncomfortable and not fun.

When it comes to certain people there is more intolerance than with others. First impression has made a key image in some minds and has continued. From that impatience has then grown.

There are two people that these reactions have been directed towards the most.

Shade - As I have pointed out, when it comes to Shade everything becomes difficult to deal with quickly. All that happens is that people react, he reacts back aggressively not knowing whether the person giving the criticism is doing so with good or bad intentions, then it gets further out of hand as tempers flare.

Kraven - People do not like that he has a god character as a DM PC and believe that he has too much free reign.

I had thought that I could minimize the reactions by creating another play area specifically for the ones others are not appreciating so that they could play their way and others could play theirs, but this is not working because there is previous frustration which is only increased whenever it is assumed that DemonDM is doing something without my permission.

Whenever there have been issues that I have had to discuss with anyone I have done them directly with the individual and not in the forum for everyone to see. Some may not mind publicly discussing things and allowing others to join in for whatever reason but that is not my way. If you don't like that *shrug* it's how I am and if you would rather I did it in public you can kiss my ass.

What am I going to do about it all?

Simple - from now on:

DMs ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO DM. NO MANAGING OF PLAYERS, NO CLOSING OR DELETING THREADS - NOTHING BESIDES RUNNING NPCs AND BUILDING THE STORY LINES AND MOVING THREADS I REQUEST TO BE MOVED FOR CLEANUP.

Anything else, you will have to wait to see what has been decided.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow on Thu May 19, 2011 7:31 pm

To keep the peace, I am voluntarily withdrawing from this forum. That was my first gut instincts when people started acting the way they did. Not going to go and mention names or anything.

You guys obviously have a "certain" way you want to run "your" forum. I use your very very loosely, as it is Nygozy's forum, not yours.

And I believe in a democracy; which means Majority rules.

Like I said this was my first instinct and people should always go with that, it usually is the right thing to do.

Plus, this is going to open up my time for doing my own projects, which I am more than happy to do instead of doing something that seemed to cause friction.

Oh, and you people who think you "won" are quite diluted too think so. I have just decided to NOT WASTE my time anymore.

I apologize to the people who were enjoying the story I was trying to tell and I hope that Nygozy can integrate you back into the Vigils Keep story.

OR you can remove your characters from this forum and integrate them into another closed forum that Nygozy has set up. That forum will obviously have no basis on this forum, so you guys can just go along your merry way and pretend it didn't happen.

So as of now the Kraven storyline has been removed. My Kaine story line will be moved over there as well. It doesn't effect you guys as of yet, but it eventually would, so instead of people going and crying over it, I will just have it removed.

The following characters will be effected:

Kassina
Takara
Dartmoor
Tatsoo
Shade
Wolfram
Kaine
Sloane
Selene
Kraven
Lobo

That is all.

Last edited by Kraven Shadow on Thu May 19, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kraven Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Takara on Thu May 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks vanya. I'm working 14 hour days and you just took my only fun activity away and upset some of my best friends and you're not even playing right now. Hope you're proud of yourself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Dude what the hell Vanya? Why couldn't you just have left it alone it was none of your business. Kraven has always been fair to me at least, now he is leaving thanks.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Heh, well I expected DemonDM to throw a hissy feat, and I have a lot of trouble caring about how this impacts Shade and Co. But FW, Nygozy, Calliara, you guys need to chillax, no reason to get at each other's throats. This was brought up to get a discussion going, because there was an issue, now that issue seems to be resolved, maybe not in a way that satisfies everyone, but thats just how it goes.

And DemonDM, your time isn't that valuable, don't kid yourself. And yes, I can say a lot more on the matter, but I wouldn't want to hurt your tender feelings.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Calli and I are not at each other's throats. We never have been.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah, its more of a matter of friendly fire between you guys and FW. We're all adults, we can't disagree without getting all pissy at each other?
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Where in the world was Calli and I having friendly fire?

*pounce rub head hard* Take that back!!!

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Like I said, FW fired at you guys, you kinda fired back, its a whole thing now. Maybe I'm misreading the situation, always a possibility.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 9:31 pm

We dealed, we dealt and I dealt with the situation in such a way to try to keep the peace and to be able to play all the stuff I want to play.

Ok. Enough dick swinging. Get your damn plotline going or I'll shoot that thing off.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow on Thu May 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Everyone's time is valuable Vanya. Just by you saying that must mean that you don't think your own time is valuable, or that you think yours is more valuable than other peoples.

This actually goes to show what kind of a person you actually are.

You are obviously misreading quite a bit in a thread that you started, which I find quite amusing.

Kraven Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis on Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm going to play the middle man here and say It's over now, let's all relax and get back to RPing like civilized people. We've got enough issues with activity as it is. Its time to step up our game a bit.
Dragonis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 pm

@Nygozy: Got my hands full atm, unfortunately.

@Kraven: Motherfucker please, you got no idea what kind of person I actually am. On the other hand you have displayed yourself from just about every angle, you're an unjustifiably self-important little shit. First step is admitting it, then the healing can begin, we're all rooting for you buddy.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis on Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Oi! Ivan, leave it! He's already leaving no need to kick a man while he's down.
Dragonis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 19, 2011 9:42 pm

....whats wrong with me having a bit of fun at the doorknob's expense?
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis on Thu May 19, 2011 9:44 pm

UncleVanya wrote:....whats wrong with me having a bit of fun at the doorknob's expense?

Because its crossing the line. Please don't turn into him.
Dragonis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 pm

The fact that you are being a bully. Now take your spraying to another thread. I will start up the trio bit soon unless you want to start the new thread with the Trouble Twins posting first.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top