I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

DICE ROLLING PROGRAM AND IDEAS

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DICE ROLLING PROGRAM AND IDEAS

Post  Elenri on Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Are if you get stabbed with a Sword.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin on Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Check the roll, it was a dodge.

How about we just try to not have infighting then? The whole need for it was because of the whole Rakot-Kraven fight, and hopefully stuff like that shouldn't happen again.

___Robert______Maddox______Wolfram______Emil
Swift_Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Stuff like that is going to happen. Fighting isn't the main cause but there are alot of people who do PvP because of the challenge that it gives to pit yourself against another player. We just need a system to keep it fair and realistic to a degree. we need to work on Magic because even though it helps my character shade it is still a hard thing to do anything about. We need a way to govern damage, destruction, and effects. Also a hit or miss system for Magic. Missing with magic is rare and almost never happens but that means with Shade I could bring down every non mage because it always hits. I'm not saying that is what i am doing. I am giving a example.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior on Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Bah. PVP play-by-post is an arduous and tasking thing to partake in, much less to properly implement - and that's when you build the game around the concept of having to do PVP. Shoehorning a mechanical system in to back up a narrative play does not work without the shedding of much blood, sweat, and tears. Possibly also a pagan goat sacrifice or six.

This is a communal role-play forum; players should come to agreement about the outcome of their characters' fighting before the fighting begins.

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethiel on Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Final Warrior wrote:
This is a communal role-play forum; players should come to agreement about the outcome of their characters' fighting before the fighting begins.

-- Griffinhart

Thank you ;~;

Mother and Master to :

Ianto
Caterina
Iauron
Macha
and Serethiel
Serethiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior on Wed May 04, 2011 2:49 am

Moreover, there will be issues with any system we implement.

A fully-fleshed mechanical system would require everyone to rebuild there characters to fit within the confines of the system; if we used the Dragon Age TTRPG rules, then characters like Raphael Griffinhart would be invalid (due to classes - Warrior/Mage/Arcane Warrior/Spirit Warrior); other characters would be severely depowered or altered.

A judge system won't work either because, as previously demonstrated, we have no truly impartial players - every player in this RP forum has a player character. Thus, everyone will have an agenda of some sort they would wish to further for the sake of their own personal character arcs; and this isn't even taking into account player biases against other players (yes, you are biased for and against other players and other player characters, regardless of whether or not you are willing to admit it). The former issue could be resolved if we introduced players who would be judges and only judges (i.e., they'd never partake in the RP with a character of any sort), but that seems like it would be terribly unfun for them; even GMs at least get to tell stories in addition to their duties as referees and judges. The latter issue can't really be resolved except by keeping the judges entirely isolated from the players; even then judges will form biases towards/against player characters.

Serethiel wrote:Thank you ;~;
Yes, yes, I know; I'm awesome. My avatar is of the Unconquered Sun with an :awesomeface: for a reason.

-- Griffinhart

"My word is my honor. My honor is my life."
-- Demonchild, Angelkin, the Blackest Seraph, the Final Warrior

"I'm a traitor, will you trust me? I'm dead, will you return me to life? I'm hated, will you love me? I've lost my innocence, will you help me find it?
...Save your breath, there are some things you can't get back."
-- The ghost of Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

"Was au ga chs mea eterne manaf."
Final Warrior

View user profile http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus on Wed May 04, 2011 4:21 am

Serethiel wrote:
Final Warrior wrote:

-- Griffinhart

Thank you ;~;

This. Exactly this.

And if people can't do that and get whiny about it, well, that's where the staff would come in and put their foot down.

Character Information
Name: Canus of Tevinter
Class: Rogue/Mage (Arcane Warrior, Duelist, Blood Mage)
Profile Thread[/size]

Font Colour = Canus speaking Common, Canus speaking Arcanum, Canus speaking Qunari
Canus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 am

My main thing is that people like to face people than just NPC's all the time. It's more fun to pit your skills against others. A fighting system is hard to do in any case and Final I have to agree the deciding outcome before the fight might be better. It would have to be based on skill, creativity, and Character attributes though. I don't see someone like Wolfram defeating Kraven but it be unfair to just say Kraven wins with no challenge. Ok anyone facing Kraven is probably going to lose. But the point is it has to come from character Attributes and skills. Rakot against Shade for example Rakot is a great fighter but Shade has great attributes and skills to beat a opponent like that. At the same time Rakot is a fierce and more experienced fighter. Therefore it has to be decided by someone Nygozy probably on who wold win, lose, or tie.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Swift_Assassin wrote:
Final Warrior wrote:>Reaver magic
Those two words don't make sense next to each other. Reavers don't use mana; they use stamina. That is to say, Reavers don't have magic. At all.

-- Griffinhart
I know, I was so focused that he managed to successfully beat our rolls that I really didn't think about him displaying Templar-esque abilities. I say Templar-esque, because they can't dispel spells on themselves, especially not in that manner.

Yeah, and remember the time Shade outright cheated? Yeah, that happened. I even gave Nygozy proof, aka a screenshot of then Shade rolled like 20 times at once and only took the 4 highest rolls getting rid of all others. Doesn't seem like there have been any repercussions though, odd.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm

I also explained to Nygozy that those rolls had nothing to do with the fight. I was playing with Dice you can screen shot some more there was a 70, a 500 and a thousand dice rolls. I had two separate areas up I just never changed the name. And why would I roll a 20 dice on the same password and leave it up? I don't cheat.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

You do though, and you did it a second time with the new roller, and once again proof was collected and presented to Nygozy.
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin on Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Shade wrote:I also explained to Nygozy that those rolls had nothing to do with the fight. I was playing with Dice you can screen shot some more there was a 70, a 500 and a thousand dice rolls. I had two separate areas up I just never changed the name. And why would I roll a 20 dice on the same password and leave it up? I don't cheat.
Then why would you use the same password for testing? And for that matter, why did you need to redo your attack rolls and defense rolls for the new system, when you did everything correctly the first time around?

Swift_Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Because at the time they were trying to figure out if we were using Dice Roller or Castle. So it didn't make any difference anyway.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin on Thu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Shade wrote:Because at the time they were trying to figure out if we were using Dice Roller or Castle. So it didn't make any difference anyway.
At that point in time the decision was already made. The decision was made the night before, while your first rolls were the next day at four, while your defense roll was two hours later when you realized you lost almost every defense roll.

Swift_Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Explain why I would roll 20 dice then? Especially using the Dragonage password it makes no sense to cheat like that in anyway. I was bored I rolled. none of those dice were used in combat.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin on Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

You don't need a password to roll the dice in diceroller. You could have just cleared the password from your password area if you wanted to test it.

Swift_Assassin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya on Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Shade wrote:Explain why I would roll 20 dice then? Especially using the Dragonage password it makes no sense to cheat like that in anyway. I was bored I rolled. none of those dice were used in combat.

I already explained, you rolled 20 dice, picked the highest 4 numbers, then removed the other 16 (by dragging the die and carrying it to the buttom of the screen which deletes it).
UncleVanya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri on Thu May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

No i didn't. I didn't even know you could remove dice like that.
Elenri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Thu May 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraven Shadow on Thu May 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Regardless as to what actually happened, its all moot at this time.

I'm will Calli on this one.

There will be no more PVP combat as that is not the nature of this forum. This has been decided by the great and powerful all seeing Creator of the Forum.

If a character OR player do not wish to play in the social environment that this forum is ,then there are plenty of other PbP games out there that might suit their needs better.

As fun as combat may be, it is not the driving point in this forum, nor shall it ever be. It was never meant, nor designed to handle PvP combat.

(((I would have signed into my Admin account to post this but I was to lazy and this one was already opened.)))
Kraven Shadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Sometimes I hate my lack of vocabulary, so I could type exactly what Kraven said.

Also, you were caught. There are proofs. End of the story.

This forum always had been for ROLE PLAYING, not for PVP. In fact, the only combats we had RP had been against darkspawn. Oh, and with those that kidnapped Jez. And bandits. And with those that kidnapped Jez, who were (and are) RP by one person in this forum, things were handled in a friendly and not godmodding way. And everything went fine! I enjoyed that thread a lot. I hope everyone that was implicated did.

The point is that certain someones can't just appear from nowhere and pretend to take over the forum and have things done the way they please, because they worth it

Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top