I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

My Grandmother

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Grandmother

Post  Canus on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Isn't it a terrifying thought that, had my parents not gone to the concert, had I stayed here rather than going to Grandmother's, my grandmother, the person who I care most about in whole entire world, would likely have passed away?

Today, at around 5 AM, my grandmother woke me up telling me she was having trouble breathing, and to call 911. I did so, and waiting for them felt like forever, because I was so scared that they wouldn't get there in time, and she kept saying that she was dying. They arrived, and took her to the hospital, and one of her neighbours came to take care of me. We got together a bag of clothing, shoes, underwear, and crossword puzzles/books for her, and went to have some breakfast, and visited her in the hospital. She's doing well now, and chances are very high that she will survive.

I'm not a religious person, but some might say this was a miracle, or something along the lines of divine intervention. This may be so; I don't know. What I do hope is that Grandmother is never alone again. That she has someone to look after her in case this or something similar ever happens to her again.

(I hope this isn't the wrong section; I just wanted you guys to know how she was, since I've probably mentioned her. As long as this storm doesn't take the power out and I remain sober, I will still be able to post).

Character Information
Name: Canus of Tevinter
Class: Rogue/Mage (Arcane Warrior, Duelist, Blood Mage)
Profile Thread[/size]

Font Colour = Canus speaking Common, Canus speaking Arcanum, Canus speaking Qunari
Canus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Grandmother

Post  Calliara on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:33 pm

I already posted in deviantart about this, so everything I said is here:

You did well, kid, and it's better for you not think about what would have happened hadn't you been there. The thing is that you were, and she is doing well.

I lost both of my grandmothers recently, one in september while I was in Lisbon with my boyfriend, I couldn't come back in time, not even for the funeral. My other grandmother died in october while I was in Madrid, this time I could go back to be with my parents. I know how hard it is and how scary is to be suddenly aware that people we love may not be here forever.

Between both deceases, I almost lost my father as well. Just the thought of what happened makes me cry even today. I am not religious either, but that day I thanked God or whatever is above.

Maybe you, meaning your family, could think about having her moving with you or some other uncle, aunt, or hire someone to be with her. We have someone with my granfather just in case of something like this would happen.

*hugs* take care, cub
Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 pm

This section is just fine for stuff like that.

That is a scary thing to happen to anyone and she was indeed rather lucky that you were there. My family has a belief that we all have an angel watching out for them, or at least a spirit guide who helps you along. If that is so then maybe yours was whispering in your ear telling you to stay home. I don't know about religion or supernatural but it is something that is nice to believe in except that if I have a spirit guide it is the man who was my father's best friend and was a complete prankster.

I understand how you feel. I've been in situations where someone has had a near death experience and it isn't all that nice. It is scary and takes time to come down from the fear of it all.

If you get drunk and cannot post, don't worry about it. We all understand that it has been difficult for you today.

Just take care of yourself and do what is best for you.

Nygozy's Bio
Nygozy
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm glad she pulled through, Jamie. Or will. In either case, I don't know what its like to lose my grandmothers as neither of them are dead and both are healthy, but I do know I'd be devastated when they do pass away. I love them both, scolding and all.

Just take care of her and enjoy the time together you have left.
Dragonis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 am

Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

@Calliara: *hugs* My mom's going to find a way to make sure she's taken care of. Grandmother would not be happy at our house. The driveway is too steep, and there's too many stairs. Plus, she'd have to leave her house behind -- a place she's very fond of. I hope she gets a trustworthy person to look after her at her home. And if the person steals from her, we'd stop at nothing to see justice brought down upon them. We'd install cameras throughout the house or something. She once had these people who took care of her; they stole from her.

@Nygozy: I ended up not getting drunk. I actually never get drunk; just buzzed. But I only had two of them last night and that's hardly enough to make me feel anything. I'd only get a buzz if there was a horrible thunderstorm. Those things creep me out, almost as much as fire does. That's...a long story, there. Bad memories concerning fire. I was too tired and frazzled to post, though -- I played a bit of Dragon Age 2 then went to sleep. I'm feeling very rested today, so I'm sure I'll get to the posts.

@Dragonis: You are lucky to have healthy Grandmothers. What is worse than death is seeing your loved ones suffer, and it's certainly worse for them, to have to suffer. Cherish the time you have with them, and hope that they don't have to suffer and they don't have to spend the rest of their lives in a nursing home or hospital bed.

I've seen two grandmothers (I have four sets of grandparents; the parents of my parents and of my step-parents) and a grandfather wither away in a hospital bed. I've also lost two great-aunts and an uncle (Uncle Larry was lost to lung cancer). There were others, but I don't remember them. The first of them to die was Nana. She was the most innocent, kindest soul there ever was. She was very religious, and all the way to death, despite her suffering, I am sure that her faith sustained her. It tore my father apart, losing her. Then there was Gran, who withered away in a hospital bed until she died; my stepmother cried her heart out and we held her tightly. I can remember that very vividly. I also remember when my grandfather forgot everyone except for his son (my dad). He'd had a stroke. At least he wasn't in pain. When he died, my mind just couldn't accept it until I saw him lying in the casket, and I started crying uncontrollably. My aunt, Rosie, hugged me. I detest how, after Grandy (that's what we called him) died, everyone started arguing about inheritance. People are so greedy.

Character Information
Profile Thread[/size]

Font Colour = Canus speaking Common, Canus speaking Arcanum, Canus speaking Qunari
Canus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:23 am

My grandparents dying never affected me like that but there were others. My father's best friend JC died when I was a teenager. I adored the joking rascal and it was a major shock. I'd known him since forever. Boy that man could out dance anyone and he was one heck of a joker, having been born on April Fools Day. He had been going through testing for cancer and this was in the early 80s so it wasn't like it is now for tests. Finally he found out that it was alright and he didn't have cancer so went to a dance and just died. He'd had a slow heart attack. Apparently it had started months before and it finally just took him. I was crushed but there was no opening showing of his body so it was harder because I didn't get to see him one last time. I broke down at that funeral.

Now fire ... I know how terrifyingly fast that works out. Two weeks before I got married I got a phone call at 2 in the morning to find out my brother died in a house fire. He had gotten home from a party using a cab, put some food on the stove and from the point that he got out and the fire truck came had been 11 minutes. It was fire from hot oil in a pot. It hit the ceiling which had 50 year old, poisonous varithane in it. The smoke hit him and that was it.

There were other deaths but nothing so profound as those two in my life as they had been complete surprises. My mother-in-law and father died the same year about 4 years ago. It was tough with Linda because she had cancer and we watched her deteriorate. My father had been dying for years from alcoholism. Those two were rough. I also had a 14 year old cat that got cancer (I loved that cat so much) and my friend's mother died of cancer as well the next January. You can guess how messed up I was that year but I was spending most of my time keeping everyone else sane.

It's all rough. I'm glad your grandmother survived and saddened by how many deaths you have already had to witness.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dragonageafter.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canus on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm sure you're wondering how my grandmother is. She's doing great. She's going to be back to normal soon, hopefully. It was because her heart was weak that this happened. It caused fluid to build up in her lungs. I hope it doesn't happen ever again. She was suffering horribly when she lost her breath.

As for myself, going to post on Tuesday. I've got a galleon-load of math work that I want to either do, or BS my way through, on Monday. It's the last crapload of math work before I'll finally be liberated from it until the finals time comes. During final times, I'm going to be hard at work making myself a sheet of formulas and stuff, and filling my calculator with programs that will hopefully help with some of the things, such as the truth tables. At this point, I think I'll pass with either a C or a B.

Character Information
Profile Thread[/size]

Canus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jezarine on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 am

That is wonderful that she is doing better and should be well soon. Water on the lungs is an unhappy thing but we will all think of her and hope for her quick recovery.

As for the schooling, get that done first and do well. Your education is important so if you are going to bs make sure to do it with style and accuracy Smile
Jezarine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I am happy for your grandmother *hugs* and I'm glad she's doing better. I am happy to say that my own granfather is doing well too, and he yells at the nurses and yells for his tea with whiskey. Nothing new under the sun.

And good luck with those exams
Calliara
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top